Migration from SP2010 to SharePoint online
Why you should migrate from SP2010 to SharePoint online?
- SharePoint 2010 mainstream support already ended on October 13th 2015 and the extended support ends on October 13th 2020 so it is right time to plan to migrate to SharePoint 2019 or SharePoint Online in Office 365.
- We believe whether online or on premise or hybrid, this may be your last SharePoint migration as it will be seamless by design thereafter.
- The security and regulatory compliances will also ensure that you are up to the pace.
- SharePoint Online provides guaranteed 99.9% uptime* with financially backed service level agreement ( SLA )*
- Once on O365 platform online you will always the latest features and updates
- Enterprise class governance, security and control
- Work from any location, on any device
- “Modern” UI
- Simplified external sharing
- Up to 25TB per site collection, 30 trillion documents pertinent.
- Use capabilities of O365
- Office online, OneDrive, Yammer, Teams etc
- Automate Business Process with Microsoft Flow and Power Apps
- Enterprise Mobility + Security Intune, Azure AD, Azure Information Protection, Cloud App Security, Advanced Threat Analytics
Current State Assessment
Perform a Migration readiness assessment
Design Information Architecture
Define Your information architecture. E.G Meta Data, Permissions, Site Structure
Plan & Prepare
Plan Migration path and prepare migration tooling
Train & Communication
Train users with the new technology.
Communicate the source/target environment differences and benefits of moving.
Migrate content from the source system(s) using the best tool(S) for the job.