Migration from SP2010 to SharePoint online
Why you should migrate from SP2010 to SharePoint online?
- End of mainstream support – October 13th 2015 and extended support end – October 13th 2020
- Don’t worry about your farm’s performance, Microsoft will take care
- It will be last SharePoint migration you have to worry about
- The Good new is the once you migrate to SharePoint online you have done with SharePoint migrations.
- Improved Service availability
- Guaranteed 99.9% uptime, financially backed service level agreement ( SLA )
- Always the latest features and updates
- Enterprise class governance, security and control
- Work from any location, on any device
- “Modern” UI
- Simplified external sharing
- Up to 25TB per site collection, 30 trillion documents pertinent.
- Use capabilities of O365
- Office online, OneDrive, Yammer, Teams etc
- Automate Business Process with Microsoft Flow and Power Apps
- Enterprise Mobility + Security
- Intune, Azure AD, Azure Information Protection, Cloud App Security, Advanced Threat Analytics
Current State Assessment
Perform a Migration readiness assessment
Design Information Architecture
Define Your information architecture. E.G Meta Data, Permissions, Site Structure
Plan & Prepare
Plan Migration path and prepare migration tooling
Train & Communication
Train users with the new technology.
Communicate the source/target environment differences and benefits of moving.
Migrate content from the source system(s) using the best tool(S) for the job.