SSS in SharePoint
Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 provides a default feature of Secure Store Service (SSS) which has replaced the Single Sign-On (SSO) service, a feature of Microsoft office SharePoint Server 2007 for the storage and mapping of credentials for use in connecting with third-party or back-end systems. Many companies have already developed an in-house credential storage system or use a solution other than Microsoft Secure Store Service (SSS).
In SharePoint Server 2013, Secure Store helps to provide access to SQL server data meaning the data outside SharePoint Server 2013. However it allows a business intelligence service application to access data on behalf of a SharePoint Server 2013 user who is attempting to access that data which called 'impersonation'. Secure Store provides mapping between BI services applications, users, and credentials that specifies which users will be allowed to access the BI service application to access data in using impersonation.
Sequence of events occurs as follows:
- A SharePoint Server 2013 user accesses a data-connected object such as an Excel Services worksheet, Visio Services diagram, or PerformancePoint Services dashboard.
- The Business Intelligence Service Application accesses the target application specified by the object.
- If the user is a Member of that target application, the credentials stored in the target application are returned and the Business Intelligence Service Application impersonates the credentials while accessing the data.
- The data is displayed to the user within the context of the worksheet, Visio diagram, or dashboard.
Replacing the default SSO Provider, SpsSsoProvider, in SharePoint Server 2013 involves implementing the Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.SingleSignOn.ISsoProvider, installing it into the global assembly cache, and registering the new SSO provider with SharePoint Server 2013.
At any time, you can only register a single SSO Provider for SharePoint Server 2013. Registering a new SSO Provider replaces SpsSsoProvider in SharePoint Server 2013. The implementation requires careful analysis and review of pluggable SSO based on the scenario required by your organization.
- Artwork Workflow
- Bitscape Vault
- Case Management
- Room Reservation System
- Discussion Board
- Dynamics CRM Integration With SharePoint
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Exchange Integration With Project Server
- Finance Portal Development
- Help Desk
- Identity Management In SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint Development
- SharePoint Enterprise Content Management
- SharePoint KMS
- Learning Tool
- SharePoint Migrator
- Microsoft Exchange Integration SharePoint
- SharePoint Online Information Rights Management Solutions
- Microsoft Project Integration With SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint People and Personalization
- SharePoint Search
- SharePoint Workflow Integration
- Newsletter Solution
- Social Networking Site In SharePoint Server 2013
- Outlook AddIn
- SSS in SharePoint
- SAGE MAS 200 and 90 Integration with SharePoint 2013
- SAP Microsoft duet enterprise
- SharePoint 2013 Development
- SharePoint 2013 DMS
- Timesheet System