SharePoint Excel Reporting
For creating reports, excel is widely used and preferred. It not only holds the raw data but it can aggregate and calculate and create many different types of reports that help you see the “big picture.” Excel Services is a Microsoft SharePoint technology that makes it simple to use, share, secure, and manage Microsoft Office Excel 2013 workbooks (.xslx, xslb) as interactive reports in a consistent way throughout the enterprise.
Benefits from SQL server 2012 new release:
- Configuration of Reporting Services SharePoint mode is now completely supported through SharePoint Central Administration using management pages for Reporting Services service applications or using Reporting Services SharePoint mode PowerShell cmdlets.
- Leverage SharePoint scale-out functionality for Reporting Services Service Applications.
- The new Reporting Services shared service is hosted in SharePoint Shared Service Application pool.
- The new Reporting Services service applications support Claims based authentication.
- SharePoint cross-farm support for viewing reports.
- Support for SharePoint backup and recovery and end-to-end SharePoint ULS logging.
Microsoft Office Excel 2013 can offer you a powerful set of tools that makes it possible for anybody to create spread sheets and share information. Excel Service empowers the users to publish and run spread sheets on the server, which enables access to these spread sheets through a web browser, without the requirement for any custom browser component. SharePoint 2013 can even integrate flexible spread sheet publishing with Office Excel 2013.
Office Excel 2013 provides a fully integrated publishing experience by enabling authors to decide the target locations for the publishing of their spread sheets, from the desktop to the corporate Web. The knowledge workers or analysts of any organization can publish the spread sheets directly to SharePoint libraries by creating a new document workspace and specifying Excel Service options. These publications can be accessed by authorized users via web browsers, but the private data can be protected. The integration of Microsoft Office Excel 2012 and SQL Server 2008 R2, SQL server 2012 provides you with the environment for analysing the exploratory data.
We have shown our expertise in SharePoint 2013 with our technical experience in the field of business intelligence.